Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Luxe by Anna Godbersen

Back Cover:  Pretty girls in pretty dresses, partying until dawn.
Irresistible boys with mischievous smiles and dangerous intentions.
White lies, dark secrets, and scandalous hookups.
This is Manhattan, 1899.
Elizabeth and Diana Holland rule Manhattan's social scene. But when the girls discover their family's status is far from secure, suddenly everyone is a threat to their golden future. Set in a world of luxury and deception, this thrilling trip to the age of innocence is anything but innocent.

This book was just a bit difficult to get drawn into during the early chapters. BUT...and mind you this is a big but, I am now sucked in to the series. I was first introduced to them by my old roommate who began reading these my last semester in college and I finally thought, let's give it a try! It's fun to read a series based in an area so close to me. Elizabeth and her friends bring you to places that I've seen and experienced and it makes it all the more interesting to read about. The book is a classic love story about not always getting what is it your heart desires and the struggles one goes through to find true love. I absolutely fell in love with the characters. It's a long build up to what no one would expect to happen. <3

2 comments:

  1. Um...so did you like it or not? You said you are not sucked in to the series.

    Anyway, thanks for following my blog! I appreciate it. :) I'm currently reading BRIGHT YOUNG THINGS, also by Anna. She writes third person like no one else, she's a brilliant writer and I can't wait to continue on with this 4-book series!

    I also have to finish the The Luxe series. Still haven't gotten around to it just yet! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that typo, I really do like the series, I'm currently reading Envy the third book. The second book was even better than the 1st. I enjoy how she gives you an in sight in to all the major characters and not just the "main" person.

    And your welcome! I love knowing how others view the same books I read and your genre of books is wide, which always leads to new ideas for books to read. :O)

    ReplyDelete